GDPR Compliance Policy
Updated June 1st 2019
By accessing our website stoicandzen.com you agree to be bound by all the terms of of GDPR Compliance Policy and its constituents.
We are aware that your personal data is important for you. We commit to use your data in a safe and secure manner with all necessary precautions. Below you will find a summary of why we collect data, with whom we are likely to share the data and what we do to ensure that your data is secure. You will also find details on your rights regarding your data.
This is the GDPR Compliance Policy of Stoic & Zen. If there are any updates to the policy, the updates will be added on this page.
The General Data Protection Regulation, abbreviated as GDPR, is a legislation to unify data protection laws for individuals within the European Union. The law came into effect on May 25th 2018.
Stoic & Zen commits to respect the GDPR and has undertaken the required technological steps to handle data is a secure, safe and private manner. Furthermore, the we have a commitment to use the data only within the scope of acceptable business practices in order to be compliant with the GDPR.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are a Data Controller of your information.
- Stoic & Zen needs to perform a contract with you;
- You have given Stoic & Zen permission to do so;
- Processing your personal information is in Stoic & Zen legitimate interests;
- Stoic & Zen needs to comply with the law.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us here.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent.
Stoic & Zen follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Stoic & Zen uses ‘cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
DoubleClick DART Cookie
Note that Stoic & Zen has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
We use data in a few different manners:
1. Contact Forms: for visitors and users to contact us. We use WordPress, Thrive Themes and our mail server hosted on WPX Hosting for this. Some emails may be stored locally on a computer’s mail client. The data is used to contact you when required.
2.Opt-in Forms: for visitors and users to subscribe to our newsletter and receive emails and content such as, but not limited to, PDFs, videos, courses, mp3, images, GIFs, etc. We use MailerLite for this service. The data is used to send you content via emails. There is an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email. You also need to confirm your email address before being able to join.
3.Surveys: for visitors to give us feedback. We use MailerLite and SurveyMonkey for this service. The data is used to contact you when required and have consumers insights.
4. Analytics: to analyze traffic and see how visitors and users interact with, but not limited to, content, webpages, forms, etc. We use Hotjar, MonsterInsights, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager for this. The data is used to have insights about how visitors and users interact with our content.
5. A/B testing tools: to see the performance of the content. We use Thrive Themes and Google Analytics for this. The content is used to determine which pieces of content is more popular.
6. SEO: to improve on-site and off-site webpages ranking and selection of keywords, as well as performance of the website. We use Monster Insights and All in One SEO for this. The data is used to enhance discoverability of content.
7.Payment processing and accounting: to give you the opportunity to purchase products and services. We would use a secure payment platform for this. Detailed information may be necessary if you were to have any enquiries, or to fulfill our legal, tax and accounting responsibilities. Examples of such details are, but not limited to, name, email, login information, username, invoice number, transaction number, etc.
8.Login information, members-only access and Commenting: to provide you with access to features and functions on the website. We use WordPress and Thrive Themes for this. Detailed information may be necessary if you were to have any enquiries, or for us to fulfill our legal, tax and accounting responsibilities. Examples of such details are, but not limited to, name, email, login information, username, comment date, comment type, etc.
9.Moderation: we reserve the right to moderate, delete, hide, remove and block any comment that does not respect our community guidelines such as, but not limited to, respecting others, spamming, advertising, using abusive language, etc. We use WordPress and Thrive Themes for this.
10. Ads and retargeting: in order to advertise our services and products online, on 3rd party platforms. Examples of this, but not limited to, would be the Facebook pixel, Google Ads. We use Facebook and Google Ads for this.
We do not engage in spamming, mass emails, reselling of your personal information.
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers' respective websites.
We also believe that protecting children on the internet is a priority. We strongly recommend that parents and guardians of children monitor the activities of children online.
Stoic & Zen does know knowingly capture, ask, process, request and collect personal information of children under the age of 16. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 accessed our website and provided personal information, please contact us here and we will promptly remove all related information from our records.
How to contact us?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the use of your personal information, please contact us here. Please take note that due to National holidays being different in our timezone (People’s Republic of China,) the delay in answering your request may take longer if you were to contact us during a National holiday. We commit to reply as soon as possible, without any guarantee in terms of response time. Furthermore, if you contact us please make sure to consult your SPAM/junk mailbox in case our answer gets automatically filtered and sent to the SPAM/junk mailbox.
You can also see our other legal requirements, term & conditions and compliance by clicking the links below:
The controller of your personal data is Martin Couture of Stoic & Zen.
The Data Officer of Stoic & Zen is Martin Couture.
You can contact us here.